AGITHAR - Accelerating Global science In Tsunami HAzard and Risk analysis - is a network to improve, standardize, and promote tsunami research. It uses specific COST tools - workshops, networking, exchange of experts - in order to
- Assess current approaches in tsunami hazard and risk analysis, and evaluate them quantitatively by means of common metrics and benchmarks;
- Determine gaps in scientific knowledge, methodological approaches and tools in order to achieve robust tsunami hazard and risk analysis across a variety of tsunami sources, including earthquakes, landslides, volcanoes, and meteorological events;
- Derive and agree on best practices and standards for probabilistic tsunami hazard and risk analysis, through discussion by a large group of practitioners;
- Identify issues and challenges to orient future research;
- Disseminate the acquired knowledge among hazard and risk practitioners and end-users.