AGITHAR aims to assess, benchmark, improve, and document methods to analyze tsunami hazard and risk, understand and communicate the uncertainty involved, and interact with stakeholders in order to understand the societal needs and thus contribute to their effort to minimize losses. We approach this goal by
- assessing and providing a common inventory of probabilistic tsunami hazard analysis (PTHA) and probabilistic tsunami rist analysis (PTRA) approaches;
- identifying and developing performance metrics and test cases (benchmarks) for individual components of PTHA and PTRA workflows;
- developing a structure for standardized PTHA and PTRA workflows;
- assuring the quality for PTHA and PTRA;
- benchmarking for interdisciplinary quality assessment of individual steps;
- initiating open access data repositories with standardized interfaces;
- implementing and disseminating PTHA and PTRA methods with stakeholders and end users.